5b4

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Hurricane?

Hurricane? Was there a hurricane? Not here there wasn't.

Yesterday I woke up pretty late...12:30 p.m. Greate work-out with Pat. Went for a walk and had a much-needed talk...ending in an intense prayer time. Thank God for this friendship. Like my friend Patrick, God has invested so much time in me. God has invested so much in me. Lord, please help me give you a return on this investment.

After hanging out with my new East Laville Lobby friends and other people, I went back to my room to work on my ISDS MS Excel tasks for about an hour and a half. Then I went back to Super Mario Bros. 3...to find out the Sky World was just too hard...so I switched to a new game of Super Mario World and made it to the Vanilla Dome but can't get past the friggin' castle.

Whereas I thought I'd slept late yesterday...it was nothing compared to today. My eyes just popped open at 3:50 p.m. Can you believe it?! I slept for like 12.5 hours!!! Catch-up sleep; my body must have needed it. I played racquetball for the first time today for over an hour...very fun but like most sports, harder than it looks. Thomas and I went over to the union to get a wrap/pizza, but Sandella's was OUT OF FOOD!!! So we walked into Tigertown to Subway's...can't beat a fresh sandwich there, that's for sure. A guy walked up to me asking for money. I felt like this time I had to give him something. I handed him $5 and told him God loves him and Jesus wants him to give his life to Him and left. Sometimes "witnessing" like that feels so vain. Oh well. Did my part, God does His.

I'm going to study tonight. I'm going to study tonight. I'm going to study tonight...Economics, Western Civ., Calculus....I'm going to study tonight...I'm going to study tonight, I'm going to study tonight...

(it's called repetition. Positive thinking. If I think it enough I'll do it...)

44f ;