5b4

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

La la la bum de dum

I'm having trouble coming up with new titles for ordinary journal entries about my college days, as you can tell.

After I took a quickie afternoon nap, I woke up @ 1:50 p.m...only to try to hit the off button on the alarm clock...only to accidentally hit the cup of water...only to spill water all over the desk...and INTO my printer. I'll omit what I said at that point because it's something I had to repent of to God and regret. Anyhow, I tried printing a page later and miraculously it appears to work...although it took a while.

After I walked outside to hop on my bike and go over to CEBA where I work, I realized something putrid. Bad. Stupid. I had filled my bike tire with air before my nap. And lo and behold, less than an hour later, all the air had seeped out. As I was running late, I still hopped on the bike and prayed I wouldn't have a blowout as I pedaled the 5 minute ride to CEBA.

At work today I had a change in schedule. I will now work 9 hours instead of 10 per week.

There is a pro and a con. The pro is I'm just working Tuesday/Thursday 12-4:30 pm, which frees up time the rest of the week. The con is that I will sometimes feel like a starvin' man on these days. I wake up and am in class till 12 pm...then go directly to work...which means no food till 4:30...unless I can sneak to the vending machine. Oh well. I'll survive.

I was still sore today from my workout 2 days ago! Actually...I could barely even put on my booksack. My biceps were THAT sore. I couldn't move my arms...for real. But still I went with Pat and Brian to the R.E.C. to lift. The funny thing is the pain got worked out during the work out. But sure enough, as I ate supper at Highland, the pain came back. Pat and I decided to both read a chapter of John each day and discuss what we've read each Wednesday at lunch.

And here's a highlight of my day:

While at the REC Center, a certain song came on. Don't get me wrong, the music they had playing was good blood-pumping stuff...but couldn't compare to this little song that came on...

Meant to Live by the beloved Switchfoot. Ah! Rock on...I'll have the B.L. album in my P.O. Box in a few days...as well as EastWest's The Light in Guinivere's Garden, with the beautiful ballad She Cries.

Well I need to read some online Bible (since I left mine at home last weekend) and get to my homework.

Oh and read The Reveille.

Did I ever mention Dr. Pepper is the nectar of the gods? Actually, as I was reading The Iliad last night I discovered that Zeus made it part of his daily serving of ambrosia for effective thunderbolt-throwing. Maybe I was reading a modern translation (?)

The LORD bless thee, and keep you. The LORD make his face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you. The LORD lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

44f ;