5b4

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Rollercoaster Day

It seems I went back and forth from moments of extreme tiredness (i.e., sleep) to moments of extreme energy (i.e., working out).

After getting like 3 hours of sleep for the 2nd time this week (and not much more the other nights) I took the econ exam first thing this morning...

of course I was up late last night studying for this exam.

...so, yeah. It's been a hell of a week at times. A helluva week.

God has been consistently faithful, of course.

Anyway poor guy runs into the classroom panting halfway through the Econ exam...he apparently overslept. I'd have to say that'd be my greatest concern about college. Poor guy must have woken up late, said, !@#$%^&*, sprinted across campus...he didn't even have a booksack, pen, or scantron sheet. Someone gave him some stuff. The prof let him take the test...he was apparently amused.

I tried so hard to not fall asleep in Calculus. It's been a couple weeks since I had a calculus lecture I didn't fall asleep in at some point. I was so determined today I wouldn't nod off...but on this little sleep, folks...

I talked to this guy afterward and he's proud of himself. This was the first lecture he didn't nod off at all.

I ordered Dan Hames' CD Double Yellow Lines. Check their awesome band Daylight (and their EP) out at http://www.daylight.org.uk. I hope to get that in the mail soon...but not too soon as it's a UK import.

I got a nap, then woke up to lift weights at the REC center. I went back to my room for an hour, then went back to the REC to play racquetball. I actually won a game...and then looked to see if the moon was blue.

Then later I went to the XA Cafe to hang out. We kidded around and played a game. Then we went to the Quad and played sardines from 10:30-12 am.

FYI, Sardines is: one person goes ahead of the group and hides. Then the group leaves and tries to find him/her. Whoever finds him/her hides with him/her. So it's like reverse hide and seek. Only 2 people out of like 20 found the guy. It was fun and spooky playing on the campus late at night...the security guards looked at us like, "huh?"

I was able to get a ticket from Mica's friend for Ryan. So we'll both be going to the game.

44f ;