5b4

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Oops

Woke up at 8:30, went over to Bryan's and John's room...Patrick came, too. Bryan cooked eggs, bacon, and toast for us. Wow, what a way to start the day..and he can cook! He cooked Spaghetti one time, too...delicious.

Then I went back to my room at 9:00 a.m....and went to sleep. I set my alarm for 10:15 so I could be on time to seminar at 10:30. But apparently I hit the alarm off...

...and then woke up at 10:38, 8 minutes past 10:30.

AAAAAAHHHHH!

Literally "threw" some clothes on, swished the toothbrush across a few teeth, quickie deodorant fix, basebal cap on, grab wallet and keys, run in flip-flops (a hard thing to do) out of the dorm and across the lot to the French House. At least this class is right next door. Luckily, Prof. Holmes was running a little late. Then into a discussion about Thucydides...which almost put me to sleep reading last night. No, really. Thucydides' approach of not simply narrating history but setting forth rousing speeches by the major historical figures invovled keeps it thought-provocative and entertaining.

Anyhow...here I am at work, tired, and bored with nothing to do...Ms. Jacki said she was falling asleep...so I said I'd wake her up and gave her a 2-second opera impression...to which she said she was thoroughly scared...and now she is awake. Looks like it's going to rain.

Hmm. I wonder if I can find a reasonably priced student ticket for the game against Mississippi State tomorrow. I must catch up on sleep this weekend WHATEVER I DO.

And I must study HARD for the Economics exam tomorrow. Ugh.

44f ;