5b4

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Home

I caught a ride home with Thomas Friday...he was headed to the Auburn game in Alabama and dropped me off at my house in Slidell, Louisiana. Got home and pretty much crashed (as in sleep).

Hung out with the family that night and watched all of The Wizard of Oz for the first time in ages. My favorite quote (hard to choose since there are so many in the movie) would have to be the great Oz's reply to Dorothy's question, "Weren't you frightened?":

Frightened? You are talking to a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe. I was petrified.

Classic movie. Awesome.

Then I stayed up and *cough* made some "music videos" that were funny at my expense...

Saturday I voted for the first time (yay!). Not much on the ballot, but I had to vote once before the Presidential election this November, and GWB is going to need all the help he can get. At least there was one thing on the ballot that counted this time: voting in favor of a marriage amendment defining marriage as being between a man and a woman.

After that I got back just in time to watch the LSU v. Auburn game. The two schools are age-old rivals. It was a great game, stuck at 9-3 in LSU's favor till the end of the fourth quarter. A touchdown and a field goal put Auburn in the lead. The angering factor was that the announcer is going on and on about how good Auburn's kicker is...then he actually misses the goal (yay!, maybe at 9-9 we're going into overtime!)...only to have a foul called on LSU (BOO!!!). So with them one point up LSU was running the ball like heck down the field with less than 2 minutes left in hope of at least going for a long range field kick for 3...but then Auburn intercepts it, I yell, etc., etc...Final score Auburn 10 LSU 9. Sob sob. We'd have to win all our remaining games to win the championship again this year, I think. Oh well. It's only a game....NOT!

Then I cut the grass...haven't done that in a while...went to sleep...went to church today...

Went with Ryan in his truck back to LSU, got a smoothie on the way. We stopped at Chili's and splurged because we had gift cards from our aunt and uncle. Those fajitas and that choco fudge were wi-ked yum-my. Mmmm. The weird thing was neither I nor Ryan's gift cards were working right and for the first time ever the waitress came back and said, "Ok, I need some more money from you." How erm...embarrassing. But hilarious...let the hilarity begin...as she would run back and forth from her gift card swiping thing to us to let us know the current update...those cards were new, there shouldn't have been anything wrong with them! She probably had us figured for Chili's con-artists whose big scam was fake, used gift cards or something. I was handing $3 to Ryan for...I don't know what...I don't think I was cheated out of any money except for that...and I payed $30 in gift cards for a $20.99 meal...but at least we got out with our wallets fairly unscathed. Poor Danielle. It wasn't her fault. It was the doggone bar-code society we live in that demands we use these cruddy swipe things that never work right. Seriously...Ryan and I laughed very hard...it was hilarious. You would have to have been there.

Got back to the dorm, unloaded, set out this nice area rug Dad got for my room...played my heart out on Super Mario World...I had to stop at the Vanilla Fortress. I've got homework to do. Anyway...college goes on, my friends.

44f ;