5b4

Thursday, September 30, 2004

weird.

I guess lack of sleep catches up with you.

I got home from work today, ate at Highland, and by 6 pm was in bed to take a "little afternoon nap." I was supposed to go to the Gathering at 9 pm. I didn't wake up til 10 pm. I missed the Presidential debate at 7:30, the "mandatory" floor meeting at 8 pm...but worst of all the Christian fellowship I so look forward to every Thursday from 9-11. I felt like crap...I feel guilty about having missed it. I know I didn't willfully miss it...but still. Ironically, I just told a guy earlier, "I wouldn't miss it for the world!"

I think God spoke to me through my poor body tonight. The message is simple: "Get more sleep you bonehead!"

(i.e. stop talking and laughing with people in East Laville in the wee hours of the morning...one apparent problem with "study groups" by the way...)

Anyhow, while on the subject of Chi Alpha, which I missed tonight, I'm going to the state-wide retreat this weekend...believing for God to do great things and to have an awesome time...meeting many new people and catching the vision since I will be here for 4 years laboring in XA...

44f ;