5b4

Monday, December 06, 2004

Sigh of Relief

A half-hour ago I finished my first and toughest final, Honors Western Civilization, a 6-hour course. Even though it wasn't cumulative, it was tough enough, believe me.

Other than the events described in "Drive-Thru Madness I-III" blog posts, last night here's how I studied for this killer exam:

ecause of recommendations from friends I went to Christ the King Catholic Center to study. Great choice. Beautiful place, nice and quiet library for intensive study. And usually I hate libraries; they freak me out. Why? I dunno. Too darn quiet...just like the beginning of Ghostbusters...

But this was a nice little library. Ok, so I cut up and harassed the girl across the room and mouthed stuff at her (she came at me first!) and talked a little too loud toward the end...

But seriously. That's the longest I've ever studied at once for any test...ever. I studied from 6 pm till almost 3 am, with a 1.5 hour break in between. Overall this weekend, I've studied over 10 hours for this final.

And it was worth it.

I mean, I don't know how I disciplined myself to read over those notes that thoroughly for that many hours. I mean, from 6-11, that was like a 5 hour almost uninterrupted stretch. All I can say is: THE GRACE OF GOD. Then Michael Carney showed up and we quizzed each other...
I wrapped it up at 3 and was in bed by 4 am, only to toss and turn (and maybe never actually get to sleep) until 7 am, when I woke up, ate, crammed, and headed for the 7:30 final.

9 essays I had to write...basically. Granted most were just under a page in length, but that's still psycho...1.5 hours of solid writing. I'm sorry to rant on and on about a mere examination, but this has really been the most effort I've ever put into a single test I think.

I think I kicked some West. Civ. butt.

Now I'm...exhausted. Get some breakfast, shower, take Katie to lunch (her meal plan's spent) at noon, can't work out Micah's off campus (I'm too tired, forget working out during finals anyway)...then I'll sleep the afternoon away and repeat last night's process again tonight studying for Business Calc...

44f ;