5b4

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The 3P Absurdities

Life is full of absurdities. I will only enumerate 3 of them in this post: people, parking, and philosophy.

1. PEOPLE. Have you ever just listened in on what people are saying as you traverse about the planet Earth? I started to recently and obtained the following results in a most scientific study:

Girl1: So are you and [Billy] back together?
Girl2: No, we're starting all over again.
My conclusion-->So wait a second. You're going out with Billy but you're not going out with Billy. Oh, I see. You're starting all over again. So you're going out with Billy but you changed his name to Billygoat.

Guy1: Uh-huh, yeah...
Guy2: And so, man, we were drinking a bottle of Jim Bean and we just threw it out the truck window!
My conclusion-->We'll get back with you on this one.



Timothee: Close your eyes, I've got a surprise for you.
Josh: Please let it be Mario [in jest].
My conclusion-->How lame I must be, for it turned out to be a Super Mario figurine attached to a parachute.



2. PARKING. Alright. Tell me it's not absurd that I had to drive around for 30 MINUTES on LSU's campus looking for a parking space last night. I saw the same cop car making the rounds like 15 times and was afraid he might pull me over to see if I was joyriding or something.

3. PHILOSOPHY. So I'm supposed to live my life in dedication to beholding and living for the Good. Okay, wait, forget the whole "living for" the Good part, as I'm always thinking and never doing anything. Hmm, just like my friend here, who's made out of stone:



NOW. Here's a 4th P that is absurd, but is really the only thing that really makes sense to me. It is...the PYTHON.

44f ;