5b4

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Modern Rock Weekly

This week's rock heroes are Anberlin with "Paperthin Hymn" and Further Seems Forever with "Hide Nothing."


ANBERLIN, "Paperthin Hymn" ...Who's gonna call on Sunday morning? Who's gonna drive you home? I just want one more chance to put my arms in fragile hands! I thought you said forever over and over. A sleepless night becomes bitter oblivion! These thoughts run through my head over and over. Complaints of violins become my only friends. Written after the death of the singer's grandmother. Award for true emo-appeal that grips the heartstrings. After listening to the song, you feel like you are the one with the lost relative. I can't get enough of this song. Find a friend who'll let you listen to this song.


FURTHER SEEMS FOREVER, "Hide Nothing" We live and we learn and we crash and we burn and we're gone. We take what we know and we learn as we go and we run." Thoughtful lyrics, driving song, great rockability. Ethereal sound. Props to FSF for the complexity of their sound and their new vocalist.

44f ;