5b4

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Seasons and Emotions

I was telling John and Cody today that I should do a thesis on the effect of weather patterns and changes on people's emotions.

Seriously, every year when there is the autumnal temperature drop, my emotions are very bittersweet. The sweet part is that I love cold weather, putting me in a cheery mood. The feel of the cool air excites my senses and makes me happy to be alive. It makes me want to just breathe in the air and smile. It also makes a romantic of me.

I use "romantic" in 2 senses. The first, meaning "imanginative but impractical." Fall weather puts me in a dreamy, enchanted, poetic state. The second meaning of the word "romantic" is where the "bitter" in "bittersweet" enters in. The temperature drop inevitably makes me feel depressed to be single. It makes me wish I could go up to the right girl, profess my love, and live happily ever after. Very strange. This has happened consistently for years, since, like, junior high. I don't know what to make of it. I'm still hopeful...

On a lighter note, this is NutriGrain's ad that claims you'll marry the person next to you if you eat their product.

44f ;