5b4

Saturday, June 24, 2006

3 Cheers for Tyler Perry!


I meant to blog about this a while back. It's hilarious, a must-see. Warning: it's more of a drama than a comedy, though it was marketed as a comedy. Also, the message of the movie ends up being a powerful one: one of redemption and forgiveness. The 'mad black woman' is not the one pictured. Although I wish Madea were the main character, it'd be even funnier. Impressively, Tyler Perry plays a successful lawyer, the crazy old grandma character, and the old crazy Joe character. 3 roles in one movie! I have to include some of the best quotes from the movie...

Joe: [watching Madea butter her house arrest bracelet] You know, I was watching the Animal Planet channel and they say that when a coyote is trapped, it will eat its own foot off to get out of the trap. You want some hot sauce? In your case it wouldn't be a coyote, it would be an elephant. A big old giraffe.

Madea: Say one more thing, Joe.

[click of gun]

Madea: Say one more thing. I don't hear you. You're quiet, can I buy a vowel?


Brenda
: Who are you?

Madea: Who you?

Brenda: I'm the owner of this house.

Madea: [buzzer sound] wrong answer, my grand daughter Helen is the owner of THIS house. You da hoe, you aint got no power or no deed.

Brenda: Did you do this? this is Vera Wang.

Madea: Who dat is? She do nails? I need to get my nails did.

Brenda: That's it I'm calling the police.

Madea: I aint scared a no po po. Call da po po hoe... Call da po po hoe.


Joe
: Who dat is at the door?

Madea: Shutup Joe I got this.

Joe: I'm gettin' tired of all these people comin' ova here late at night, I'ma hafta put my foot down.

Madea: Kunta Kinte put his foot down and it got chopped off. now shut the hell up and go back to sleep.


Madea: Every time I try to read the Bible... and Jesus... the one with all the words in red... I open my Bible to that New Testimony and see all that red and I just give up. Jesus was talkin' way too much.


Madea: Mmmhmm... How long you do that fo'?

Helen: Eighteen years.

Madea: Okay.

[pulls out a calculator]

Madea: Let's see how much he owes ya then.

[types a bunch of numbers while she speaks]

Madea: Eighteen years. Cooking. Cleaning. Havin' sex wit him when he wanted it, was it good?

Helen: [shakes head in disgust] No.

Madea: *Major* deduction.


Brenda
: If I call the cops, they will be here in *ten* minutes.

Madea: Good. Then that give me nine to beat the hell outta you.


Madea: Who is

[stares at a tag on a blouse and tries to pronounce it]

Madea: Dol-say and gab-anna, who 'dat is?


Madea: Rip it.

Helen: Rip it?

Madea: Rip it.

Helen: Rip it.

Madea: Rip it. Rip it.

Helen: Rip it. Rip it.

Madea: Rip it.

Helen: Rip it.

Madea: Rip it real good. Rip it.

Helen: Wait a minute. What is this going to solve?

Madea: Nothing. It's just gonna make you feel better.


Madea: [speaking to Myrtle] I'll be at church when they get a smoking section.


Madea: [after typing a bunch of numbers on the calculator, carelessly] Girl, that man owe you 64 billion, 283 million, 974 trillion, 5 thousand, and 20 dollars and 82 cents.


Helen
: He put me out of the house.

Madea: Who house?

Helen: Our house.

Madea: Exactly, how's a man throw a woman out of her own house? No man would ever do that to me, he'd put me out half of the house, I'll go live in the other half.

44f ;