5b4

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Welcome to the Hall of the Presidents

I have nothing to say about President-Elect Barack Obama's views on "the War," taxes, environmental policy, or foreign doctrine. Nor would I like to raise a race issue. I would like to weave the words of a radical follower of Jesus.

I have opinions about many things, like most people. These opinions certainly extend to "the War," taxes, the environment, and foreign policy. But as a Christian, I must ask myself where my ultimate allegiance lies. Can I vote for someone because it will best economically suit me, or help me avoid going to war, or maybe even give me a better quality of life?

No, I cannot, I will not, I dare not.

See Psalm 139:14-16 and Jeremiah 1:5 for the divine declaration that a fetus is a living human being loved by God. As such, any killing of such a living human being under the banner "abortion," "choice," or any other designation is sinful. I cannot support someone who wishes to not only legally expand such killings, but also use my own money to fund them.

Why not? What about my own opinions about other "important" "issues"?

My response is Luke 12:23ff: Life is more than food; the body is more than clothing. Do not seek for how to feed yourself and provide for yourself; for the nations of the world seek these things, but your Father in heaven already knows you need these things. Seek the kingdom of God and all these things will be added to you.

Christians who put earthly concerns over the Kingdom of Heaven, we are to blame for the current state of affairs in this nation: See article, "Evangelicals Responsible for Obama Victory".

44f ;