5b4

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Pirates, Purpose, and Piccadilly Cafeteria

I spent the day with my cousin, Ryan, and paternal grandparents. They took us out to eat twice and spent lavishly on us to get us more school supplies and food items. They have been an awesome blessing to my life.

I got back late, unpacked...then went to another of these social/party things.

We played games for a while. I played Twister. Great fun.

Then we watched Pirates of the Caribbean on a big overhead screen. My first time watching. Very weird movie. But very entertaining. Especially the pirate who kept losing his eyeball. The ending was not believable though. Pity. There were too many plot twists...they left me a little confused. But the basic premise of the curse and the moonlight revealing the true dead, skeleton state of the villains was interesting...though at times too freaky for my taste. My favorite character was definitely Captain Jack Sparrow. That dude was hilarious. Oh...and the girl freaking out when the captain drank the alcohol and she saw it dripping through his bones was weird but hilarious. Poor thing. But that was one resourceful lass. She wasn' t bad with a weapon, eh? The swordfights were terrific, as were the special effect. And if that movie doesn't make you want to shout "Davy Jones' Locker!" nothing will. I liked it.

Divine purpose. I didn't know where I'm going to church tomorrow...or later this morning. I get this email from this guy I met the other night inviting me to a church I'd already received correspondence from before...healing place church. Such a blessing. Tonight I've been like, "God, where in the world am I supposed to go to church tomorrow?" Thank you Jesus. :)

That's all for now. Man. I've got to get more sleep.

44f ;