5b4

Friday, September 03, 2004

I am SOOOO bad.

I didn't have much homework tonight. Just one chapter of the Iliad to read. Yet here I am at 2:20 am about to get ready for bed.

The weird thing is I'm up late because I was socializing...not a usual thing for me.

But hey...I mean...The Gathering (chi alpha) didn't end till 10:30...

Okay so I 'dissed Homer to chat with a couple random guys in the lobby...

...then Pat came along, so I had to talk, no questions asked...

...then this new guy Chris who plays guitar for XA walked in and we hit it off from there...he was astonished I've never eaten Raising Cane's before...and he said let's go right now and eat some, I can't believe you've never had any. I said no but was inwardly saying yes. We're going to go next Thursday after XA so I can finally experience chicken fingers at Cane's. Chris is a really cool guy and a Christian though...very insightful.

So then I stopped and talked with this guy from seminar, Trey...and hey, I needed a laugh. We laughed at the world around us. There's plenty to laugh at this late at night. For example, several lobby rats...

OK. Here I need to stop to define a term.

The term Lobby Rat refers to a group of supposed students who hang out in the lobby of a dormitory seemingly 24-7, with the exception of the wee hours of the morning apparently. As I talked with Trey, I realized that many of them in fact are not even students. They are graduates who come and just live in the lobby playing X-box on the big screen TV, Magic the Gathering, and Risk 2010 A.D.

Anyhow, just a few minutes ago, several of these guys walked by...one was wearing a suit, at 2:00 am in the morning...one was wearing a shirt that Prozac...it was strange.

Anyhow...it all gets back to a moment of epiphany in worship tonight.

I was fretting again. And I can always feel God like, "No, stop fretting Josh" and me like, "I know God I know. I'm trying."

And after I went over to Bryan for prayer...I returned to my seat to hear God tell me, "Smile." What a revelation. Smile.

Bryan prayed an awesome on-target prayer for me. I can tell you these XA guys (and girls) are the real deal. They have a true love for Jesus and for their bros. and sista's.

Anyhow, it's been an amusing night hanging out procrastinating and chatting with and observing the various types of people in the lobbies of East and West Laville...

...let's see. I can still get...uh...over 5 hours of sleep!

44f ;