5b4

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

The Pizza Society

Last night my intentions of studying were interrupted by...distractions.

When I went to the computer lab to type an outline for a paper, a couple extroverted girls started a lengthy conversation...the one cool thing is that Jesus kept coming up in convos last night...with these girls and other people to follow...

One of the things that's cool about college is meeting people of all shapes colors sizes...but more importantly...personalities and outlooks. I'm constantly tripping out...humored by talking with different people...often with far-out ideas. I also keep in mind that for every ideal I hold...each and every ideal I have will be foreign and outlandish to at least one other person.

Anyhow.

Then I got distracted listening to music...one of my major pitfalls while studying nowadays. Any music lovers in the house?

Then I went to TRY to study Microeconomics over in East Laville's lobby. I live in West Laville..."West Side"...home of the "Ghetto Lobby." I won't go into why...just trust me..it's worth the walk over to East Laville's lobby when studying. The lighting is awesome, the ceiling fans work better, the room is much more attractive...and whenever you go there, there are ALWAYS people studying...which gives you a greater urge to focus on your books than daydream.

But this night I was destined to not do very much studying. I started talking with this guy...then I was distracted by another couple guys eating pizza...I went over and offered a dollar for a piece...I was starving...although I'd eaten enough for an elephant already that evening...

...the short of it is that I went back to talking with this other guy...and we decided to pool our money and get a couple pizzas. It started off with just 4 guys...but then more and more people came. I suppose that where this pizza, people will assemble. That could be a proverb, couldn't it? "Where existeth pizza, people shall assemble."

So we decided we were the "Pizza Society"...then after a while most people left...and for the better part of an hour talked with this girl out of the blue about some deep stuff. We went from talking about college to...religion...my "ultra radical conservative Christianity"...her encounters with religion...her search and leaving agnosticism...

And I was like, "It's so cool Shelby to find someone who will actually open up and discuss something like this." Strangely, we agreed it's easier to unload on someone newly met than an old acquaintance...because there's nothing to lose.

Anyhow...the point of this being...I did not sleep as much as I should have last night. I really had every intention of studying. If I never would have mentioned pizza this wouldnt' have happened. Oh well.

At least I didn't do what the other guys did and go back to their room and watch The Exorcist and stay up ALL NIGHT.

44f ;