5b4

Friday, September 03, 2004

Week 2 of Class is Over

Ach. I felt it this morning...the tiredness.

Being sleepy didn't help in Calculus today. The lesson was an introduction to limits...I sort of understand the concept, but I don't know how to appropriate it. The professor goes through stuff quickly...and since it's a class of 500 students...I feel this method of teaching mathematics is highly ineffective.

Fall Fest on the Quadrangle was mildly interesting. It was a college student's dream come true...free food. Therefore, after going through line and eating a hot dog, chips and powerade...I figured if I am willing to go through that long line again...I should get another round. So I got another powerade, chips and hamburger.

I even caught a tiger and a free t-shirt in a giveaway...whatever they call it where they throw stuff to the audience. The punk rockers that looked Zeppelin-era were quite a spectacle.

After Fall Fest, (little more than free food)...I went to the info desk in the Union to ask where the Ofc. of Financial Aid was. They said 202 Himes. So I walk to Himes Hall...lo and behold they tell me, I should actually go to 108 Coates. So I walk to 108 Coates. Lo and behold I should actually go to 125 Thomas Boyd. Okay..so I got some walking in.

Back at the dorm, I filled up my rear bike tire with air, hoped it wouldn't deflate through the hole before I got to the bike shop...and pedaled furiously. I took it in the shop and then walked over next door to the XA Cafe, where lifegroup leaders were meeting to discuss the vision for this year. We had a powerful time in prayer afterward which ended in spellbound adoration. There's nothing like having a group of guys (as opposed to girls, predisposed to outward displays of spirituality) able to pour out their hearts to God in sincerity and utter senseless words of affection for an invisible King.

Then Pat and I went to the REC to work out. I discovered today that squats can really give the legs a good workout...as well as all the other stuff we did. I knew something was weird when I went for the second set...and going down, my legs gave out. :o)

Anyhow...looks like I won't be at the football game tomorrow...I couldn't find anyone to buy one off of that wouldn't scalp me (figuratively). I'll probably end up watching the game on the big screen on the parade grounds...unless I can buy a student tickets for less than $30 from some random person walking around tomorrow. I'm not going home for labor day weekend. It's too much. I need to stay here and do some work...like that West. Civ. paper *cough cough*.

Anyhow...I'm going to get some stuff done in my dorm...take a little nap...go catch some Pizza Hut in the union...

...and then go to the Tiger Bash in the union from 10 pm till 2 am. Hopefully I'll get some sleep this weekend.

And I'm not sure what will be at the Tiger Bash. Stay tuned for details.

44f ;