5b4

Friday, September 03, 2004

Never Give Up. Never.

I did take a nap, as I said in my last blog post.

But, a lot has happened since then.

I awoke at 7:37 pm to the ringtone of my mobile phone. It was Pat. He thinks he knows someone who can sell me a ticket to the game at Tiger Stadium tomorrow.

Now, realize, my friend, I have been asking everyone I know and even random people if they know where I can buy a student ticket to this game for the past week. Now, the skeptics would tell me…”if you do get a ticket, you’ll have to pay a fortune for it.”

All I can say is “never give up.”

So Pat gives me Michelle’s number, Michelle, a girl I’ve never met, but she’s from XA. Actually it’s someone else’s number, Brian, who was there at the time.

I call and she gives me directions.

I pull street clothes on and go out into the night, wander off campus, about a 25 minute walk through this neighborhood to an apartment complex.

I was at the apartment complex for the better part of a half hour.

There were two complexes…and I couldn’t find the right room for the life of me. Turns out I had one of the digits in the apt. # wrong anyhow. I was asking random people for directions…one of them turned out to be my Microeconomics teacher, Professor Roy. He appeared to be hanging with homies…interesting to meet a prof that way. Of course, as only professors have the ability to do, in the midst of his night of recreation or whatever he was doing, he did remind me to study for the quiz next Wednesday.

I kept calling this phone number back…to no avail. Until I got Brian, he says, “yeah man I’m in the area, near where you are.” I get off the phone and lo and behold he walks up to the side of me, we find Michelle’s room, I find Michelle, I find a ticket for ONLY 10 DOLLARS, I leave, Brian drives me back so I don’t have to walk another 25 minutes…I am ecstatic.

I’m going to Tiger Stadium tomorrow to watch the Tigers beat the Oregon State Beavers. Oh yeah…and the Golden Band from Tigerland…oh yeah baby. Oh yeah.

I don’t know if I should stick this thing under lock and key or what…this ticket. This is awesome.

Anyway…point being:

1) Never give up.
2) More importantly: God intervened, knew I wanted to go, and he set up a series of circumstances and people to allow me to get a ticket. God is good. Awesome.

Anyhow, my stomach’s full with coke, chips, and a yummy fajita wrap…and I’m off to the Tiger Bash tonight. And tomorrow’s the day people. Tiger Stadium.


In case I failed to mention it…

OH YEAH.

44f ;