5b4

Thursday, December 09, 2004

A Dramatization

  • 32+ hours studying
  • 24 hours of sleeping since Sunday morning (it's now noon, Thursday)
  • 2 Red Bulls
  • 10 coffees
  • 4 bowls of candy
  • 2 all-nighters in the Catholic center
  • 4 exams
  • 2.5 healthy meals
  • 6 hours taking tests
  • 1 gallon of adrenaline

And this morning, after studying from 1 am til 7 am came the grand finale. My exam was at 7:30 am. At 7:05 I dashed outside to hop onto my bike. The seat was wet. I covered it quickly with a towel in my booksack and biked into Tigertown to stop at the gas station for a Red Bull. On the way in a guy beseeched me for $2. I didn't even hesitate to give him money since I was in a rush so I handed it to him and said "God bless you have a nice day," and before long I was clutching the energy drink in hand, riding with it across campus toward CEBA. Just as I got there at 7:25, I realized I'd forgotten...the stinking scantron sheet. I hopped off my bike and downed the Red Bull in 20 seconds. Then I hopped back on, weaving in and out of pedestrians, burping from the carbonation all the way, back to my dorm room, threw the bike on the ground, dashed inside and procured a scantron answer sheet. Back on the bike. It's 7:28. Of course, spontaneously, the clouds opened up and soaked me to the skin. I blinked to see through the rain as I dashed high speed on my bike. 7:31 am. Off the bike, dash to the testing room. They must've thought, "Look at this bum." Not only was I late for the test, I was also soaked to the skin, I smelled like a wet dog, I was panting, and I had a skater punk look with my bright yellow/purple striped beanie. I sat down to realize my scantron was...wet. Rain. The professor announced to the class he had extras. I traded him. I took the test and got the heck out.

One thing I've learned about college grades. The final exam is NOT a chance to bring your grade up. It will, invariably, bring your grade down, unless your grade just, well...sucks anyhow. I mean, with 6 hours of studying for an exam I felt well-prepared for (also my "easiest"), I couldn't pull of any higher than an 82%. Therefore, one works hard all semester to try and maintain a decent average....only to work MUCH harder during exams to have that original average drop even more. Therefore, if it wasn't for my Jesus pushing me on, I would definitely become an academic nihilist!

My first semester over. What a way to finish! I'm so tired now, I don't know what to think...except after I've rested up, I'll probably look back on this week as...memorable!

44f ;