5b4

Monday, December 13, 2004

"There's no place like home...

...for the holidays..."

I've been home since Saturday. My family met me in Baton Rouge and ate a bunch of meals off my meal plan to use up my remaining meals.

Today I visited Pearl River High School, my Alma Mater. I showed up a couple minutes into lunch in Coach Bowman's room to see how PRHS' P4P club is doing. Matt had told me they were meeting today, so I decided to surprise them. They were a bit surprised!

It was such a blessing to see how much this Christian group has grown on campus. It's good to know that one's efforts were not in vain. I remember when we could hardly get people to show up when we offered free pizza...and yet this small room was filled with kids who were there for More than some natural benefit. However, as a treat, an unexpected shipment of free pizza showed up later in the meeting.

Ms. Cindy Collins arrived and spoke and she had me speak for a couple minutes briefly, along with Bryan. They're planning another Campus Jam! Exciting things are happening...

After that I went and visited some teachers from high school: Ms. D., Ms. Schroeder, Ms. Beaushaw, Ms. Cashion, Mr. Ballantyne, Mr. Hobson, Ms. Treese, Mr. Grush (not in), Mr. Ledet, Ms. Enmon. That kept me busy for an hour.

In general, I'm just taking it easy. I feel like I'm still recovering from exams last week! Since I've got all this spare time on my hands, maybe I'll blog even more. How'd you guys like the links on this blog post? Hey, I had extra time on my hands...and Isaac always does it!

During my time off I want to start running again, read John Maxwell's Developing the Leader Within You (under Patrick's admonition), draw closer to God spiritually/prepare for The Uprising, and...learn to play piano! My parents just left to get an instructional book for me! I'm so excited about that! Oh yeah, I also want to work some in my dad's law office and make some dough...and oh yes, I want to sleep...a lot. And watch The Passion of the Christ again...

44f ;