5b4

Friday, March 11, 2005

Kick in the pants

I am my own kick in the pants at times. I accomplished loads of great stuff today.

  • In Highland cafeteria, I joined a table and tried to display a dry sense of humour. I ended up sounding like a pseudo-intellectual idiot, which did make people laugh...at me. Of course, Patrick was impressed that me and two guys "got so many girls to sit at the table with us." Unfortunately the girls heard the comment and pointed out the fact that I was the last to join the table actually.
  • Upon hearing that Super Mario Bros. shirts are sold at Hot Topic at "the mall," I take off to the Mall of Louisiana at Bluebonnet, walk around, and eventually ask the front desk where this particular store is. They inform me it's at a different mall. I have to head back to campus Mario-less because I have a cafe meeting.
  • After parking and walking fast to get to the meeting on time, Zeke and Lionel are in the back of a pickup truck and whiz by. They wave. You don't wave at a guy walking unless you're gonna offer him a ride, especially if you've got a pickup. So I run down the middle of the street yelling and flailing my arms that I want a ride!!! Robert does a bat turn and picks me up and I hop into the cargo area. That's the way to get transportation, baby. And speaking of a kick in the pants, that driver sure gave us one. I'm not gonna lie, we were flying down that road.
  • At the missions meeting, Kristin HAD to blow the lid of secrecy off of something. She pointed out I was wearing a Nike athletic shirt with dress pants. "Hey, I haven't been able to do laundry!"
  • When Timothee drove me back, he stopped in front of the dorm to let me out. I see a crowd of people standing nearby, and I see them looking at the car. So I jump out and say, "GET IN!! (the car)". To my surprise and Timothee's aghastness, two chicks actually go to hopin the backseat and ask for a ride to the Tiger Bar. I had to explain I was only joking, whilst they offered 25 dollars for a ride to the bar. Timothee loved me loaning his car out to people.
  • I made a run to coffee call. To study. What a gig. 12:30 a.m. People playing LOTR Risk inside and other oddities. Some random blokes come in and I strike up a conversation, and one random girl comes up and apologizes for how ugly she looks since she just got off work. Some older lady showing a picture of Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh to a janitor cleaning up, and them laughing about the ribbon decorating Eeyore's buttocks. All while, as I discovered when I left, the older lady's husband was in the car outside, with the engine on, sound asleep, burning all the gas in his car. I didn't go back inside to tell anyone. I figured, "These folks don't need to be driving around late at night, so never mind if the dude burns the gas up."
  • I get back to the dorm on my way to study some more and end up talking about abstinence, Christianity, the ascent to the divine, pluralism, and other great stuff with a girl who recently jokingly approached me in the lobby with a prophylactic.

If you aren't laughing, you aren't thinking about your life that hard. When I think about life and stuff like this that happened today, it makes me realize we all need to ask each other a modified form of the old McDonald's slogan: "Have you had your kick in the pants today?"

44f ;