5b4

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

An Oddity

Late last night (or early this morning) I drove back from hanging and trying to study at Zeke and Timothee's apt. One thing I have learned in college. Do NOT study with friends. You will have too much of a good time. And the nature of studying is to be the antithesis of pleasure. Tonight, I must stay in my room to complete my accounting cycle project. The whole study thing is still problematic though. The ability to study in different locations can be arranged in a sort of Platonic model, just like the ascent of the forms or states of being, i.e.:
DORM ROOM. Worst place to study overall. Quiet usually but contains the extreme temptation to eat, sleep, surf the web, and do anything but be focused on work.
DORM LOBBY. A little better. Not quiet, but somehow a more focused place for me. Problem: conversation and even more distractions.
FRIENDS' PLACES. Seemingly better. Off campus and a good "I'm getting away to study notion." The problem is it is just that: a notion.

Anyhow, the oddity is not that little diatribe I just set forth. The oddity is that when my parking directly behind the residence hall resulted in a parking ticket, which greeted me this afternoon. It's only $10. I just found it weird that I got in trouble for parking where I live. That's LSU parking, though.

44f ;