5b4

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Graduation...STILL?

Yes, it seems as though one can reap the benefits of having graduated long after that special night.

After all:

It's why every teenager gets a mile-wide grin at the phrase, "graduation gifts."

From the free 12 pack of Coke and lawn chair from my place of employment (Sav-A-Center Supermarket) to hundreds of dollars from church and family members...it's, well, nice, rather.

More than nice, I'd say.

Also, I've gotten a microwave, sunglasses, tons of cash money, a book,...

...and get this.

A SONY Atrac3plus/MP3 player. No doubt you know what an MP3 is and if not, too bad. But I'd never heard of an Atrac3plus CD. Listen up, boys n' girls:

There's this cd that came with the player. It's got software called SonicStage that can create these "atrac" CDs ... which are capable of handling...well, loads of music files.

I've only created one so far...but, that was enough to load almost my entire music library (which isn't that big...yet). Yep: 32 albums, 404 songs. On one CD. Quite impressive, eh? Maybe I'm just easily impressed, maybe not: but I think that's impressive.

Although the sound quality isn't as top-notch, notably with acoustic stuff, and only MY CD-player will play this CD.

Anyhow, here's the best gift yet...and it's from my parents.

It's sitting out in the driveway. A 1989 Buick LeSabre with only about 117,000 miles on it, great AC, engine, etc...great condition, $1,500. Praise God! I really like it...great first car, 3.1 liter (I think) V-6 engine. We washed, compounded, put 2 coats of wax on it, armor-alled it, windexed windows, changed spark plugs/air filter, vaccuumed it, added some air in the tires...and now it's ready and raring for action!!

And also: tomorrow, Memorial Day, we have my graduation party. Dinner promises to be a winner with a main course of GUMBO. Yummy indeed.

We're almost finished decorating, I just mopped the floor...so I'll update the world of cyberspace on all the loads of fun it will have been (present imperfect verb tense I think)...

...some time soon.

Till then, keep it real. Ah, I could go on for a minute about that. The Society For Keeping It Real. It was a bit of a blunder...originally intended to be a joke on a message board I'm a member of...but only a couple chuckles. Ach! No one appreciates a dry sense of humor any more these days...

...maybe it's me. I'll keep trying..

But till then, try and have a laugh will ya? "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine." No it's not a Shakespeare quote sillyhead, it's actually from the Biblical book of Proverbs,

So cheerio and smile.

--The Josh-ter.

44f ;