5b4

Monday, May 31, 2004

Have a piece of cake...

...graduation cake that is.

As promised, here's the graduation party review:

Well, it was party!! What else do you want me to say. Well goodBYE!!



Just Kidding.


Hmm....well, I was up till like 3 a.m. last night putting up these cool decorations ... and I was finally finishing mopping a floor as the guests got there!!

But it was great to unite both my mom's side and dad's side of the family together after there not having been such a reunion like this for some time now. I guess it takes a big event in someone's life that both sides hold dear to cause both sides to come together and socialize ... strange behavioral property of the human race if you ask me. But it was really strengthening to have both sides of the family here ... okay, don't get the warm fuzzies on me now...

There were balloons, there was gumbo, there was cake and ice cream, there were many many different snacks, there was conversation ... just your average party.

Couple more graduation gifts...

...and one more exciting thing happened.

The air conditioning quit about a half hour before guests started arriving ... yep. It's bound to quit just when you want it least. And if you know about New Orleans, Louisiana where I live ... you know it's blazing hot here ... so we opened up the doors to let some air in.

And now it's almost midnight but still quite steamy ... we've got all the windows open to stay comfortable while we sleep: no, that does not mean you can come rob our house now. We'll have the problem fixed soon anyway.

My mom worked tremendously hard to prepare the food and everything ... she's doing what she should be doing now ... resting and recuperating.

44f ;