5b4

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Oh Happy Day

...when Jesus washed my sins away, it doesn't get any better than that...but today is looking pretty good, too...

Pat and I made another resolution at lunch today. We've both been reading a chapter in John everyday. We both were talking though and mutually agreed that each of us has simply been maintaining in our walk with God and not gaining any ground...running through the motions.

Pat is a real friend...the kind that makes demands on your spirit. So as (I admit) I groaned inwardly, he said we need to wake up earlier and give God the firstfruits. Something people have been telling me and telling me...but I just smile and stick with my afternoon crash-on-the bed pick-up-the-Bible deal. Uh-uh. We're waking up earlier so we can put in like a half hour of quiet time with God before we start the day. And accountability...we're going to call each other to make sure the other one is up. Yeah. This is rough...and wonderful. I'm loving it.

After lunch and a nap...I woke up to feeling like a pile of...something not good to be feeling like. Yuck.

Then to workout in the gym with "P-swoll" and Bryan...yay-ah. I don't feel like I'm making any progress but yay-ah anyhow. I must be helping my body somehow though I feel like a 2-bit nothing lifting barely any weight. Then Bryan and I grabbed a basketball afterward...I joined a game. Hey, at least I made one shot (in a 15 shot winner game). Hey, hey, I haven't picked up a ball in a while folks. :o)

Then...Powerade. Yay-ah.

Then...post office. Yay-ah.

Apparently, Jenn, although she is also a Switchfoot fan, did not steal my mail package. I got 4 things in the mail today. One has 2 CDs...EastWest's The Light in Guinivere's Garden and Switchfoot's The Beautiful Letdown. I haven't opened it yet...or the package with my checks in it...I did open the letter from my wonderful grandmother (which I bought some stamps so i can reply)...and the 4th package I'm not expecting and don't know what it is yet.

So off I go to open my packages. Yay-ah.

44f ;